Group Admins

adventure games

Public Group active 4 years, 12 months ago

this group is for adventure game lovers, as in the classic old school point & click adventure games (monkey island, indiana jones, larry, polic quest, etc). Also known as brain adventure. Not to be mixed with action adventure.

monkey island remains king (3 posts), 2 Voices

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Avatar Image mazen3p said 7 years, 1 month ago:

It is interesting to see with the relaunch of hte franchise “Monkey Island” as tales of monkey island in 5 parts this year, that despite the long absence and huge gap between the original titles and the new ones, no game as good has emerged.

I try to play as many adventure games as possible when they come out, however I havent come across anything else with similar quality. I am writing soon in my blog about best games I played in 2009 specifically, and don’t be surprised when you see Monkey Island is on top of that list :)

Not to undermine other dudes efforts, some games came out and where good, it is refershing to see the genre picking up again. Lets see.

Any thoughts?

selective video gamer. professional nerd, football junkie, and an avid follower of documentaries and movies.
  • Avatar Image donoubs said 7 years ago:

speaking of myself I like adventure games at the top even I haven’t played much recently then comes the strategic games and “Rise of Nations” is my favorite one because it has extensively Artificial Intelligence codes and logic which makes it very logical and close to reality in terms of development through ages.

Plus car racing and football games like FIFA 2009 and Need for Speed.

• Avatar Image mazen3p said 6 years, 10 months ago:

One of my favorite parts ever in the game (towards the end) :D :

selective video gamer. professional nerd, football junkie, and an avid follower of documentaries and movies.